At Privilege we are aware of the trust you place in us when you buy our products and our responsibility to protect your information. This notice describes who we are, why we need to collect your information and how we will use it. We will tell you who we share your information with and how we use it to improve the service we provide to our customers.
Why we need your information
We need your information and that of others you name on the policy to give you quotations, and manage your insurance policy, including underwriting and claims handling. Your information comprises of all the details we hold about you and your transactions and includes information we obtain about you from third parties. We will only collect the information we need so that we can provide you with the service you expect from us.
How we will use your information and who we will share it with
Privilege insurance policies are underwritten by U K Insurance limited (UKI), who owns the brands Privilege, Direct Line, Churchill and Green Flag. When you give us your information, it will be used and shared within UKI for all of its own branded products. We will do that in order to provide you with the best possible products and service experience.
During the course of our dealings with you we may need to use your information to:
- Assess financial and insurance risks
- Prevent and detect crime including anti money laundering and financial sanctions
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations,
- Develop our products, services, systems and relationships with you,
- Record your preferences in respect of products and services,
- Recover any debt or if you have any outstanding debt from previous dealings with us we will only offer you a policy upon settlement of the full outstanding amount,
- Review our records for signs of any previous fraudulent activity which may affect our ability to offer you cover.
In carrying out the actions above we may:
- Use the information we hold in our system about you and that of others named on the policy (for example named drivers, joint policy holders)
- Share the information with agencies that carry out certain activities on our behalf (for example marketing agencies or those who help us underwrite your policy)
- Use and share your information with our approved suppliers where this is reasonably required to help deal with your claim or let you benefit from our replacement vehicle and policyholder services, including with our credit hire providers, replacement vehicle suppliers, vehicle repairers and legal advisors
- Disclose some of your information and that of others named on the policyto other insurers, third party underwriters, reinsurers, credit reference, fraud prevention, regulators and law enforcement agencies and other companies that provide service to us or you.
We do not disclose your information to anyone outside the Group except where:
- We have your permission,
- We are required or permitted to do so by law
- We may transfer rights and obligations under this agreement.